AYGF Leads Nigerian Delegation to Nairobi, Kenya on the Final Technical Harmonization meeting on Good Financial Grant Practice (GFGP) – Requirements
AYGF Leads Nigerian Delegation to Nairobi, Kenya on the Final Technical Harmonization meeting on Good Financial Grant Practice (GFGP) – Requirements – 2nd – 5th May, 2018.
The Executive Director of Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF), Dr. Arome Salifu who is the Chairman of National Mirror Committee, Good Financial Grant Practice under Standard Organization of Nigeria, led the Nigerian delegation for the African level Harmonization meeting in Nairobi. The committee is to ensure that no wastage or fraud in the application of all grants that come into Africa in general and Nigeria in particular.
Dr Arome Salifu was also elected as the Chairman of the Continental Technical Harmonization Session on behalf of Nigeria.
Good Financial Grant Practice (GFGP) is an innovative and integrated approach to standardise, simplify and strengthen the financial governance of grant funding worldwide.
- GFGP is being implemented in partnership with the African Organisation for Standardisation (ARSO), which will be responsible for adopting and publishing the standard.
The GFGP Programme is currently funded by Wellcome and the Medical Research Council (UK) through African Academy of Sciences.
Benefits of GFGP
The vision is that the GFGP system will become the method of choice for the international funding community seeking to simplify and strengthen the risk assessment and governance of funds they award to grantees.
- A web-based self-assessment tool that grantees of any size can use to benchmark their organisation against the standard.
- A searchable database accessible to grantors to review the grant management capabilities of potential grantees and identify training and development needs.
- Efficiencies for both grantees and grantors by eliminating duplicative preaward assessments.
- Certification that a grantee organisation is working in compliance to one of the four tiers of GFGP will provide an internationally recognized standard of their grant management capabilities.